Financial Reporting Manager (Cork City)
Cork Builders Providers Ltd. is a part of Grafton Group Plc and is a market leader in the builders merchanting industry in the Munster area.
Reporting to both the Operations Director and Managing Director, the Financial Reporting Manager would be part of a team which prepare and carry out the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to the senior management of the business and group. The Financial Reporting Manager would be directly responsible for preparation of the year end financial statements under FRS reporting to Board, Group PLC and Irish statute authorities including the preparation of data for CT tax computations and reporting.
- Accountability for the accuracy of data in the nominal ledger
- Key member of team on delivery of monthly financial reports to group
- Be an active team member during External and Internal Audits of the business which can cover both financial and operational activities of the company
- Responsible for the production and timely delivery of annual financial reporting requirements of the company, in addition to completion of various tax reporting requirements while ensuring utmost accuracy
* Co-ordination of the GL maintenance and balance sheet reconciliation process
- Monitor the company’s accounting operation process to ensure absolute quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Guide colleagues in the resolution of non-routine and complex financial reporting issues
- Committed to working as a team member to support and enhance cross-functional communication and knowledge to achieve company success
- Keep abreast of industry standards, company law, tax law, regulatory and financial reporting standards e.g. FRS16, which may impact the business
- Produce accurate management reports, information, data analysis as required and assist with periodic budgeting and forecasting
- Ensure completion of revenue returns 46G, RCT, CT1 and group required import VAT data
- Cultivates and maintains working relationships with department managers within the company and group
The ideal candidate should have 3+ years post qualification experience in a commercial environment
Relevant Accounting Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
Experience in preparation of company final statutory accounts
Strong communication, first class presentation with both internal and external client-servicing skills
Sector experience desirable but not essential.
Advanced knowledge of Excel and ERP systems.
Ability to work independently to tight deadlines while managing overlapping responsibilities.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives