Regional Sales Manager South West - Chadwicks Group
Responsible for the development and support of the regional branch external Sales teams. To ensure the development of customer relationships and business development resulting in the delivery of product sales in line with the overall company strategy and targets. Heavily focusing on the Sales management aspect of the role, it provides a sales process across the region and ensures the direction, planning, controlling, and monitoring of a team of sales personnel in relation to the larger building materials customers.
- To direct and manage the external branch Sales resources providing support, training, coaching and development to meet the annual sales and margin budgets across the region with responsibility for all BM products.
- To develop a Sales Process within the region in line with the established Chadwicks Group Sales Process and ensure the competent use of CRM as a Sales Management Tool in line with objectives.
- To direct the Branch Sales reps to identify and share leads on appropriate project opportunities and to monitor progress and activity to support the project pipeline ensuring Chadwicks Group develops competitive advantage and leads the market.
- Responsible for the maintenance, on-going development and supplier relationships of project tracking tools such as CRM and any Lead Providers.
- To ensure the management of the team activity for all project, company, contact, diary and activities within CRM daily to ensure regular and effective communication across all relevant functions. Responsible for reporting performances based on CRM data output / standard reports and ensuring the tool is used by all members of the team effectively.
- To direct and support the Sales reps to ensure contractor relationships are strengthened, including improving the conversion of project resolution through interaction with other elements of Chadwicks Group.
- Conduct regular assessments of the market needs and competition’s capability relating to project specification and support, providing alternative tactics, solutions and support.
- Manage and support the KAM process across the Chadwicks Group.
- Support the preparation of short/mid/long term project and sales forecasts in conjunction with the Sales Director and Regional Director.
- Responsible for the safety aspects within the area of own responsibility particularly around site safety.
- Ensure all reps within the region are up to date on all current Building Regulations.
- Be the voice of the customer to understand their needs and requirements and feed the information back to the relevant departments.
- Ensuring the sales process and tools are implemented across a branch network.
- Knowledge of price levels within territory & number of customers and contractors; dimension of territory.
- Ability to control price, margin, volume and profitability within given authority levels.
- Higher Academic Education (Business or Marketing) preferably, or construction related discipline.
Knowledge /Experience /Technical competencies
- At least six years’ experience within the sales organisation of a construction related company or B2B.
- Sales management/KAM experience and the use of a CRM system.
- Good knowledge of the construction process.
- Capable of implementing an efficient and effective Sales Process.