Trainee Kitchen Assembler
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. Main brands include Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies & Telfords.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Kitchen Assembler will be responsible for the reading and understanding of kitchen plans & full kitchen assembly. Working effectively as part of a team in which you’ll make sure kitchens are produced and ready for delivery/shipping on schedule.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous carpentry or kitchen fitting/assembly experience is required
- Valid Fork-lift Licence preferable but not necessary
- Previous experience in production & meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of the kitchen industry
- Manufacturing kitchen carcases and components in a correct & timely fashion.
- Ensure that the production line is kept tidy at all times, that stock/kitchens are clearly identifiable and low stock levels highlighted to management where necessary to make certain products are available at all times.
- Actively partaking in a regular cycle counts schedule.
- Ensure that the forklift is used and maintained in an appropriate manner in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Packing and loading of couriers & company vehicles.
- Actively safeguard against theft of goods or company property by being security conscious at all times.
- Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the warehouse/production line operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
- Work fully compliant to general and company Health & Safety guidlines
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective team working
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- To enjoy working with people
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Branch Manager
- Branch Colleagues
- Operations Manager
- Customers & Suppliers
- Full time 39 hour contract
- Working week Monday to Friday , may be required to take part in the Saturday roster
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives