Cut and Bend Steel General Operative
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. Main brands include Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies & Telfords.
Reporting to the Cut and Bend Manager, the General Operative will be responsible for the cutting and bending of reinforcement steel as per customer orders and providing the highest level of customer service to all our customers. Working effectively as part of a team in which you’ll make sure our customers can rely on a timely, friendly and dependable service.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE RIGHT TO WORK IN IRELAND
Knowledge & Experience
* Previous General operative experience is required
* Previous experience as a Steel Cut & Bender or Steel Fixer would be a distinct advantage.
* Valid Fork-lift Licence essential
* Valid Manual Handling Certificate
* Cutting and bending of reinforcement steel as per customer orders
* Receive and check off orders, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring secure, correct and timely storage of such deliveries in line with health and safety guidelines.
* Ensure that the warehouse/store is kept tidy at all times, that stock is clearly identifiable and low stock levels highlighted to management where necessary to make certain products are available at all times.
* Ensure that the forklift is used and maintained in an appropriate manner in line with health and safety guidelines.
* Responsible for picking, packing and loading of vehicles.
* Actively safeguard against theft of goods or company property by being security conscious at all times.
* Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the warehouse operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
* Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
* Ability to prioritise workload
* Effective team working
* Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
* The flexibility and willingness to learn
* To enjoy working with people
* Excellent organisation and attention to detail
* Branch Colleagues
* Yard Supervisor
* Branch Manager
* Regional Director
* Sales Representative
* Customers & Suppliers
* Full time 39 hour contract
* Working week Monday to Friday, may be required to take part in the Saturday roster
Our Benefits Include
* Competitive Basic Salary
* Private Health Care
* Sick Pay Scheme
* Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Saving Scheme
* Profit Share Scheme
* Colleague Discount
* Educational Assistance
* Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.