Field Engineer & Trainer - Robinhood Road,Dublin 22
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. The core business is through the traditional Builders Merchants division. Main brands include Chadwicks, Cork Builders Providers, Davies & Telford’s. In addition, and through organic growth and acquisitions the Group have established a range of brands which are close to the core but offer a uniquely different range of products. These include Heitons Steel, Panelling Centre, Morgans Timber, Proline & Sitetech.
Reporting to the Chadwicks EWI and Facades Team Lead, the Field Engineer & Trainer is responsible for educating customers & colleagues on all products relating to the Baumit Brand in a newly constructed Academy in Dublin, and on customers own sites Nationwide. Field operation will also entail conducting site visits to ensure correct installation of Baumit Products and assisting customers. Baumit is a leading German/Austrian brand, known for its superior quality of products and lasting renders, it has been in use in Ireland for over 15 years and have over 60 years’ experience in Europe. Baumit products are currently involved on almost all types of buildings; domestic & commercial, multi-storey, hospitals and schools, private homes and council projects.
Knowledge & Experience
- First Aid Trained (training provided if needed).
- Driving license.
- Have a strong rendering and plastering trade background.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with internal & external stakeholders at all levels.
- Delivery of Baumit technical and practical training programs in all locations in Ireland and building sites.
- Conduct site inspection and ensure system installation is carried out to agreed standards.
- Aid sales team in technical and practical training.
- Ability to resolve issues that may arise during site visits.
- Provide technical and practical telephone and email support to the office based technical team as required.
- Deliver specialised machine training courses, utilising knowledge of rendering, and plastering machines.
- Attend meetings/site visits with customers and clients, advising of best practice and record accordingly with site reporting and audit writing.
- Report and communicate to the wider business of potential issues and opportunities, identifying options / solutions to collaboratively resolve.
- Flexibility to cover training at all academies / site visits, supporting the team requirements with nights away from home.
- Work with health and safety representatives to ensure all health and safety is compliant in the training academy locations.
- Ensure all stock levels are correct to deliver training courses and samples are requested through the correct procedures for traceability.
- Control of tools and equipment at local training academy with regular stock takes.
- Ensure all training areas are clean, maintained, and ready for the next course, report any defects and action accordingly to ensure a consistent professional environment.
- Adhering to agreed KPIs with the Training Manager.
- Implement any additional responsibility agreed with the Training Manager.
- Have a rendering and plastering trade along with plastering background is desirable.
- Ability to present to trainees and customer, demonstrating the product.
- Operation of rendering / plastering machines an advantage.
- The ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, drive, enthusiasm, and flair, combined with resilience.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, and ability to work within fast paced team.
- The flexibility and willingness to learn.
- The ability to implement change.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Enjoy working with people and as part of a team.
- Tact and diplomacy
Team & Budget
- Team Size – 5 and growing.
- Budget Responsibility – Providing training courses within budget parameters and providing the targeted trough put of trainees through the training centres.
- Permanent full time
- Full time 39-hour contract
- Working week, Monday to Friday (Hybrid working between Training Academy, customers sites)
Our Benefits Include
- Level 3 Role
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Competitive Performance Related Bonus
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
DISCLAIMER: Chadwicks Group reserves the right at any time to change, delete, or add to any of the provisions of this Role Profile at its sole discretion and it is the colleagues responsibility to familiarise themselves with these changes. Furthermore, the provisions of this Role Profile are designed by Chadwicks Group to serve as guidelines rather than absolute responsibilities and duties.