General Operative - Galway
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. The core business is through the traditional Builders Merchants division. Main brands include Chadwicks, Cork Builders Providers, Davies & Telfords. In addition, and through organic growth and acquisitions the Group have established a range of brands which are close to the core but offer a uniquely different range of products. These include Heitons Steel, Panelling Centre, Morgans Timber, Proline & Sitetech.
Reporting to the Yard Supervisor, the General Operative will be responsible for the upkeep and organisation of the yard and warehouse area. Working effectively as part of a team in which you’ll make sure our customers can rely on a timely, friendly and dependable service.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous General operative experience is required
- Valid Fork-lift Licence an advantage
- Valid Manual Handling Certificate desirable
- Previous customer service experience essential
- Building material and plumbing knowledge advantageous but not essential
- Receive and check off deliveries to the warehouse, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring secure, correct and timely storage of such deliveries in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure that the warehouse/store is kept tidy at all times, that stock is clearly identifiable and low stock levels highlighted to management where necessary to make certain products are available at all times.
- Ensure that the forklift is used and maintained in an appropriate manner in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for picking, packing and loading of company vehicles.
- Actively safeguard against theft of goods or company property by being security conscious at all times.
- Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the warehouse operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective team working
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- To enjoy working with people
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Full time 39 hour contract
- Working week Monday to Friday, may be required to take part in the Saturday roster
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Bonus Opportunity
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
DISCLAIMER: Chadwicks Group reserves the right at any time to change, delete, or add to any of the provisions of this Role Profile at its sole discretion and it is the colleagues responsibility to familiarise themselves with these changes. Furthermore, the provisions of this Role Profile are designed by Chadwicks Group to serve as guidelines rather than absolute responsibilities and duties