Head of Building Services
Grafton Group Plc is the market leader in the builders merchanting & DIY industry in the Republic of Ireland. Our trade brands have evolved since 1908 and include Chadwicks, Heiton Steel, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies, Telfords, Proline & Sitetech, whilst Woodies DIY is an instantly recognizable household name. Our key philosophy and culture is to be ambitious, entrepreneurial, to value our people and to be brilliant for our customers.
Reporting to the Head of Property, the Head of Building Services will be responsible for providing in-house professional surveying, design & project management services to Group companies, whilst also liaising & supporting the facility management team with planned maintenance and major repairs.
Knowledge & Experience
* Membership of SCSI, RICS, CIOB or other equivalent qualification is desirable.
* Strong Microsoft Office skills & knowledge of Autocad is essential
* Strong organisational & administration ability is also essential
* Knowledge and experience of contract forms & tendering, contract administration & the construction process.
* Ability to schedule and monitor work on a range of large & small projects, and being able to bring these from inception through to completion.
* Advise colleagues around repair, maintenance & facility management services.
* Negotiate costs & external professional fees, track expenditure, produce regular progress reports
* Good understanding of Facilities Management requirements and compliance standards
* Ability to work on own initiative though with the mutual support of your Property team colleagues.
* Cross functional collaboration with the retail & trade Operations teams to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
* Prepare & implement action plans through allocating resources, timeframes and budgets
* Delegate and work with direct reports
* Prepare detailed procurement enquiry & tender documents
* Coordination and supervision of contractors as appropriate
* Liaise with other Property team members to ensure statutory compliance with current Planning, Building Control/BCAR and Health & Safety regulations.
* Have the ability to develop and maintain trusting & open collaborative relationships with Colleagues.
* Have excellent interpersonal skills
* Be adaptable & flexible to cope with an evolving role
* Have creative & independent ideas
* Be innovative and forward thinking
* Bring a positive and enthusiastic approach to the role
* Be tactful, trustworthy and maintain confidentiality at all times.
* Group Head of Property & your Colleagues on the Property Team
* Retail & Trade Head Office Teams
* Area & Branch Managers
* Branch Colleagues
* Full time 39 hour contract
* Working week Monday to Friday
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Fully expensed company vehicle
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives