Hire Fitter & Supervisor - Santry, Dublin
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. The core business is through the traditional Builders Merchants division. Main brands include Chadwicks, Cork Builders Providers, Davies & Telfords. In addition, and through organic growth and acquisitions the Group have established a range of brands which are close to the core but offer a uniquely different range of products. These include Heitons Steel, Panelling Centre, Morgans Timber, Proline & Sitetech.
As Hire Supervisor & Fitter you will manage all aspects of the hire operation in your branch and to oversee the maintenance and service of all plant, electrical and engine run tools. Key to this role is driving sales of hire products, developing new business and servicing our existing customer base while also ensuring the smooth running of daily operations.
Knowledge & Experience
* Substantial experience working the Hire industry.
* Manage all aspects of the department.
* People Management.
* Health & Safety Awareness - ensure that Company Health & Safety Regulations are strictly adhered to.
* Oversee the maintenance & Service of all plant, electrical and engine run tools.
* Oversee the upkeep and organisation of the workshop.
* Be responsible for the safety of staff and customers.
* Department training & development
* Building customer relationships
* Maintain a high customer service standard ensuring all customers are dealt with in an efficient and effective manner.
* Be responsible for all equipment and carry out regular stock checks.
* Take responsibility, as requested, for the development and implementation of Sam Hire's strategic and business plan, involving regular consultation with Senior Management
* Safeguard the assets of the company.
* Ensure all company policies are implemented accordingly.
* Assist in entering data onto the hire computer system.
* Delivery and collection of stock to customers
* Provide comprehensive customer demonstrations on how to safely use plant and tool equipment.
* Effective team working.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
* Strong sales skills and negotiation skills
* Ability to prioritise workload
* Dynamic, motivated & driven to achieve targets.
* Excellent organisation and attention to detail.
* Ability to manage and anticipate change.
* IT literacy and the ability to handle analytical data.
* Full time 39 hour contract
* Working week Monday to Friday, may be required to take part in the Saturday roster
Our Benefits Include
* Competitive Basic Salary
* Bonus Opportunity
* Private Health Care
* Sick Pay Scheme
* Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
* Pension Scheme
* Colleague Saving Scheme
* Profit Share Scheme
* Colleague Discount
* Educational Assistance
* Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
DISCLAIMER: Chadwicks Group reserves the right at any time to change, delete, or add to any of the provisions of this Role Profile at its sole discretion and it is the colleagues responsibility to familiarise themselves with these changes. Furthermore, the provisions of this Role Profile are designed by Chadwicks Group to serve as guidelines rather than absolute responsibilities and duties.