Kitchen Assembler - Panelling Centre, Swords
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. The core business is through the traditional Builders Merchants division. Main brands include Chadwicks, Cork Builders Providers, Davies & Telfords. In addition, and through organic growth and acquisitions the Group have established a range of brands which are close to the core but offer a uniquely different range of products. These include Heitons Steel, Panelling Centre, Morgans Timber, Proline & Sitetech.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Kitchen Assembler will be responsible for the reading and understanding of kitchen plans & full kitchen assembly. Working effectively as part of a team in which you’ll make sure kitchens are produced and ready for delivery/shipping on schedule.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous carpentry or kitchen fitting/assembly experience is required
- Valid Fork-lift Licence preferable but not necessary
- Previous experience in production & meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of the kitchen industry
- Manufacturing kitchen carcases and components in a correct & timely fashion.
- Ensure that the production line is kept tidy at all times, that stock/kitchens are clearly identifiable and low stock levels highlighted to management where necessary to make certain products are available at all times.
- Actively partaking in a regular cycle counts schedule.
- Ensure that the forklift is used and maintained in an appropriate manner in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Packing and loading of couriers & company vehicles.
- Actively safeguard against theft of goods or company property by being security conscious at all times.
- Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the warehouse/production line operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
- Work fully compliant to general and company Health & Safety guidelines
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective team working
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- To enjoy working with people
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Full time 39 hour contract
- Working week Monday to Friday , may be required to take part in the Saturday roster
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
DISCLAIMER: Chadwicks Group reserves the right at any time to change, delete, or add to any of the provisions of this Role Profile at its sole discretion and it is the colleagues responsibility to familiarise themselves with these changes. Furthermore, the provisions of this Role Profile are designed by Chadwicks Group to serve as guidelines rather than absolute responsibilities and duties.