Operations Manager- Steel, Ashfield
Part of Grafton Group Plc, The Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. Main brands include Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies & Telfords as well as Sitetech.
As Steel Operations Manager you will manage all aspects of the Steel operations in your branch. Key to the role is driving and providing service to our existing customer base while also ensuring the smooth running of daily operations.
Knowledge & Experience
Substantial experience working within the Steel or Building Materials Industry
Strong commercial and strategic acumen
Good geographic knowledge and delivery route planning
Good IT Skills
Ability to reach and exceed sales targets
Health and Safety compliance experience
People management experience highly desirable but not essential
- Develop and maintain a customer focused high-performance culture within the branch, promoting excellent levels of customer service together with exceptional operating standards.
- Promote best practice customer relationship management skills to promote and maintain strong relationships with all customers across all department teams.
- Provide the General Manager with guidance on staffing, operational issues, efficiencies, category opportunities and all matters relating to the day to day running of the departments.
- Develop a highly engaged and motivated team, who understand their objectives and their roles in achieving them.
- Promote and support team learning and development requirements.
- Monitor and report on the performance of all departments, adhering to company reporting procedures offering feedback and information to steel manager
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are being adhered to and improve processes and policies when required.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers. performance of department adhering to company reporting procedures offering feedback and information to General manager and Sales Manager.
- Collaborate with Steel Sales Manager and external sales team to ensure maximum commercial advantage for steel business group
- Ensure the Health & Safety rules, policies and procedures are being adhered to and followed and improve processes and policies when needed.
- Working closely with the H&S Coordinator
- Ensure the most cost effective delivery service in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective team working and networking skills
- Commercial awareness and numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Target driven with the ability to think strategically.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Strong account management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A positive attitude
Full time 39 hour contract
Working week Monday to Friday, may be required to take part in the Saturday roster
Our Benefits Include
Competitive Basic Salary
Private Health Care Sick Pay Scheme
Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
Colleague Saving Scheme
Profit Share Scheme Colleague Discount
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.