Security Officer- Cork Builders Providers, Togher
Part of Grafton Group Plc, The Chadwicks Group are the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. Main brands include Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies, Telfords, Proline and Sitetech. Chadwicks Group currently employs approximately 1,500 colleagues in over 50 locations.
Reporting to the Yard Manager, the purpose of this role is to support the goods outwards function. This will be achieved by working closely with the branch manager, colleagues in branch and central support colleagues.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role desirable
- Construction industry knowledge would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of building and related products desirable
- Previous experience in retail security/customer facing role.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Stock loss prevention
- Goods Outwards cross checking
- Customer Engagement
- Health & Safety support & oversight of onsite traffic management plan
- Directing Customers & suppliers in a busy yard environment
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- An enthusiastic, motivated & hardworking team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- A positive attitude
- Passionate about delivering a good service
- Branch Manager
- Department Manager
- Branch Colleagues
- Transport Manager
- Support Office Team
- Full time 39 hour contract
- Working week Monday to Friday, may be required to take part in the Saturday roster
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.