Yard Supervisor - Rooney's, Kells
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. The core business is through the traditional Builders Merchants division. Main brands include Chadwicks, Cork Builders Providers, Davies & Telfords. In addition, and through organic growth and acquisitions the Group have established a range of brands which are close to the core but offer a uniquely different range of products. These include Heitons Steel, Panelling Centre, Morgans Timber, Proline, Sitetech & Rooney’s Hardware.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, The Yard Supervisor will be responsible for the efficient running of the yard in terms of manpower, profitability as well as delivering an excellent service to our customers.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous Foreperson experience desirable
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Knowledge of all building products
- Previous experience of working in a busy builders providers
- Ensure the secure, efficient, safe, tidy and smooth operation of the yard, store & delivery areas of the branch
- Ensure that our customers receive the highest standard of customer service
- Organisation of deliveries and collections for both retail and trade customers
- Responsible for the Health & Safety within the yard, ensuring quality standards are consistently kept to the highest level
- Responsible for the delegation of housekeeping in the yard and surrounding areas.
- Maintaining and monitoring stock levels
- Ensuring safe loading/unloading of customer or suppliers vehicles in line with Health and Safety policy and procedure
- Hands on approach to delegation and supervision of employees in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensuring all staff training is current and up to date
- Consistently striving to reduce and improve all aspects of the yards costing, including hacker’s costs as well as overtime costs etc.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
- Problem Solving/Logical thought process
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective team working and networking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- Dynamic, motivated & driven to achieve targets
- Branch Manager
- Branch Colleagues
- Regional Director
- Sales Representative
- Customers & Suppliers
- Full time 39 hour contract
- Working week Monday to Saturday with one day off. Not every Saturday required however flexibility is required.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Bonus Opportunity
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
DISCLAIMER: Chadwicks Group reserves the right at any time to change, delete, or add to any of the provisions of this Role Profile at its sole discretion and it is the colleagues responsibility to familiarise themselves with these changes. Furthermore, the provisions of this Role Profile are designed by Chadwicks Group to serve