Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder's merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. Main brands include Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, Cork Builders Providers, Panelling Centre, Davies & Telfords.
Reporting to the Yard Supervisor, the General Operative will be responsible for the upkeep and organisation of the yard and warehouse area. Working effectively as part of a team in which you'll make sure our customers can rely on a timely, friendly and dependable service.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous General operative experience is required
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous experience in a busy builders' providers an advantage
- Previous stock management experience desierable
- Receive and check off deliveries to the warehouse, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring secure, correct and timely storage of such deliveries in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure that the warehouse/store is kept tidy at all times, that stock is clearly identifiable and low stock levels highlighted to management where necessary to make certain products are available at all times.
- Responsible for picking, packing and loading of company vehicles.
- Actively safeguard against theft of goods or company property by being security conscious at all times.
- Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the warehouse operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective team working
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- To enjoy working with people
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Branch Colleagues
- Yard Supervisor
- Stock Controller
- Operations Manager