Paint Assitant - Rooneys Kells
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. The core business is through the traditional Builders Merchants division. Main brands include Chadwicks, Cork Builders Providers, Davies & Telfords. In addition, and through organic growth and acquisitions the Group have established a range of brands which are close to the core but offer a uniquely different range of products. These include Heitons Steel, Panelling Centre, Morgans Timber, Proline, Sitetech & Rooney’s Hardware.
As a Paint Sales Assistant, you will play a crucial role in providing excellent customer service and support in the paint department of our store. Your primary responsibilities will include assisting customers in selecting paint products, providing product knowledge and advice, mixing and tinting paint, and maintaining a clean and organised work environment. This position requires a strong knowledge of paint products, colour matching skills, and exceptional customer service.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience with Paint preferable
- A flare for colour would be an advantage.
- Sales experience selling a broad range of products.
- Customer service experience.
- Manual Handling certificate desired.
- Selling a wide range of paint products and providing product knowledge.
- Stay informed about new paint products, brands and industry trends.
- Maintaining a high a clean and organised work environment.
- Receive and check off deliveries to the warehouse, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring secure, correct and timely storage of such deliveries in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Understand the customer needs and generate creative ideas and solutions that will fulfill their requirements.
- Actively safeguard against theft of goods or company property by being security conscious at all times.
- Taking personal responsibility for resolving customer issues pre-sales and post-sale in a timely fashion.
- Producing accurate quotations.
- Achieve defined sales and margin targets.
- Create brand loyalty and maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Effective teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The flexibility and willingness to learn.
- To enjoy working with people.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Dynamic, motivated & driven to achieve targets.
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail.
- Branch Colleagues
- Branch Manager
- Regional Director
- Head Office team
- Sales Representative
- Customers & Suppliers
- Working week 5/7
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Competitive Performance Related Bonus
- Private Health Care Discount
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other role.
DISCLAIMER: Chadwicks Group reserves the right at any time to change, delete, or add to any of the provisions of this Role Profile at its sole discretion and it is the colleagues responsibility to familiarise themselves with these changes. Furthermore, the provisions of this Role Profile are designed by Chadwicks Group to serve as guidelines rather than absolute responsibilities and duties.