Yard Supervisor - Heiton Steel - Clondalkin, Dublin 22
Part of Grafton Group Plc, Chadwicks Group is the market leader in the builder’s merchanting industry in the Republic of Ireland. The core business is through the traditional Builders Merchants division. Main brands include Chadwicks, Cork Builders Providers, Davies & Telfords. In addition, and through organic growth and acquisitions the Group have established a range of brands which are close to the core but offer a uniquely different range of products. These include Heitons Steel, Panelling Centre, Morgans Timber, Proline & Sitetech.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, The Yard Supervisor will be responsible for the efficient running of the yard in terms of manpower allocation and utilization, Health & Safety standards, profitability as well as delivering an excellent service to our customers & stakeholders (Sales Staff, Suppliers, Management).
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous Foreperson experience desirable
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Knowledge of all steel products
- Previous experience of working in a busy stock holding environment
- Ensure the secure, efficient, safe, tidy and smooth operation of the yard, warehouse & delivery areas of the branch
- Ensure that our customers and stakeholders receive the highest standard of customer service
- Organization and shunting of trailers on site to ensure efficient and timely loading
- Responsible for the Health & Safety within the yard & warehouses, ensuring quality standards are consistently kept to the highest level
- Responsible for the delegation of housekeeping in the yard and surrounding areas.
- Responsible for distribution of picking dockets and checking accuracy of orders picked.
- Ensuring safe loading/unloading of customer or supplier’s vehicles in line with Health and Safety policy and procedure
- Hands on approach to delegation and supervision of employees in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensuring all staff training is current and up to date
- Provide support to the Operation Manager in striving to reduce and improve all aspects of the yards costing, including hacker’s costs as well as overtime costs etc.
- Deputize for the Operations Manager when required during periods of absence and annual leave, assuming responsibility for transport organization and updating Transend.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
- Problem Solving/Logical thought process
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective team working and networking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- Dynamic, motivated & driven to achieve targets
- General Manager
- Sales Manager
- Operations Manager
- Branch Colleagues
- Sales Representative
- Customers & Suppliers
- Full time 39 hour contract
- Working week Monday to Friday
- May be required to work overtime if required
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Bonus Opportunity
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Saving Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Chadwicks Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
DISCLAIMER: Chadwicks Group reserves the right at any time to change, delete, or add to any of the provisions of this Role Profile at its sole discretion and it is the colleagues responsibility to familiarise themselves with these changes. Furthermore, the provisions of this Role Profile are designed by Chadwicks Group to serve as guidelines rather than absolute responsibilities and duties.